Sunday 6 January 2013

Who was he??

I walked across the mall to find a nice churidar for myself. I took off a few of them from their hangers and posed on the mirror to see which one was good. When I put the blue silk suit in front of me, a mere guy who was choosing t-shirts, smiled and nodded his head. I thought for a while if I knew him. But no I didn't. And indeed the blue one was the best amongst all of them I had chosen. The texture of the colour was so bright. So simple yet elegant and gorgeous! I decided to buy it and went to the billing counter. Parallel to me, there was another queue to the other counter. And that guy stood there carrying few t-shirts. When I handed over the churidar to the man at the counter, I looked back for a while and saw that the guy was trying to peep to see what was I buying. I showed him the piece casually and he had the most generous smile on his face and whispered 'nice'.


Weeks later on a fine Sunday, I went to Cafe Coffee Day along with a friend of mine. I saw the same guy at the coffee shop with his huge group of friends. He instantly smiled when he saw me. I waved my hand. I had a strange feeling when he smiled.
When I went to order for the coffee, he came right there and said "Hi! how are you?"
"I am good. Your friends??"
"No. My cousins.. Didn't expect you here."
"Why? Isn't it a public place?", I said and laughed.
"Yeah of course.", he said and had a shy smile. "Where do you stay?"
"Sehgal Street. you??"
"I came for a vacation in India. I stay in London."
"Great! So liking India??"
"Yeah.. lots of relatives stay here. Enjoying here. Whats your name?"
"Kalpana. And you are??"
"Anmol.. everyone calls me Ann"
"hahaa.. funny! Okay your cousins must be waiting. Catch you later?"
"yeah.. see you!"
I returned to my table and my friend asked me with a devilish smile "kaun hai??"
"Just a friend I met at the mall", I winked.



Two days later, I was at the balcony and saw Anmol riding a bike and looking here and there. As he saw me, he pressed the brakes so hard that he was about to fall.
"Hi!!", he shouted.
I gestured at him that I am coming down.
"Are you a freak? You were about to fall", I said.
"Yeah..Indian roads!! Very messy."
"Don't you tell me that!", I smiled.
"Your home?"
"Hmm yeah.. what are you doing here?"
"Just a bike ride.."
"You ride like that?? moving around your head 3-4 times in 5 seconds??"
He laughed and said "Actually I am leaving tomorrow. Can I have your number? Provided you don't mind giving it. Else, Facebook profile??"
I smiled and gave my number and my Facebook profile name.
"thanks.. gotta go now.. its my uncle's bike. I dint tell him that I took it."
"okay bye.. have a safe journey"
"thanks.. you take care! Will contact you"


He left.

And after that day neither did I ever see him nor did I get a call or find him at Facebook. I hadn't taken his number nor did I know his surname. I searched for Anmol  and Ann in Facebook but couldnt find him. Even Anmol at London. There were no results. I wait for his call till today and wonder why didn't he try to contact me. He was nothing more than a friend. But yes, I miss him. I don't even know who is he, not even his relatives place. I wanted to do so many things but I didn't have a single hint about him. I try to forget him as if it was just a dream and a mere fantasy. I still wonder Who was he??

The above story is fictitious.

2 comments: