Wednesday 16 January 2013

Being Single--Bane or Boon ??

Being single is like a double-edged knife. Weighing its pros and cons, here's a self analysis post. 

Single life - A Bane? 

Being single has a lots of negatives. Firstly, life is very dry,dull and dab. I feel somewhat jealous of my friends who are committed. They are always happy and keep smiling for no reason. I wonder if it has something to do with their boyfriends. They giggle to themselves reading sms's from their bfs and keep messaging very frequently, feeding their bfs with information of what they do every second. 


They have an up-to-date knowledge of all network offers, like which network offers free sms's, free within network calls, 10 paise per minute calls, happy night free hours etc. They always have a minimum of twenty bucks in their cell phones.
And me?  I had recharged with twenty rupees during my last semester break and after that I recharged three days back with twenty rupees yet again. Wont believe me? Yes, its true! I just text from my cell and whenever I need to call, I do it from my mom's cell.



Back during school times, I had a tuition friend who was "blessed" with 2 boyfriends. One day after our tuition got over, one of her boyfriends came over to meet her. Just when I was about to leave, my friend said me "hey did you get any lovey dovey birthday card in that shop?"
I was supposed to let her know if there was any such cards at a particular shop. Her other bf's birthday was on the next week.
Instantly, the guy asked her "Lover dovey birthday card?? Its on November, honey!"
My friend, without thinking for a second, said "I know that mister. Its for Enakshi's bf. Last day we were searching a birthday card for him"

I couldn't understand where to look at. A sarcastic laugh and said "oh yes.. my boyfriend".
We both winked and found the whole thing funny later.
They left and I realised how clever and witty my friend was. The sole fact that explains how she manages to keep two boyfriends.
But the good thing is that she gets double of everything. Double gifts, double flowers, double love....


Two of my close friends at college once were very generous to take me with them to a park after college got over. So we went over there. 
But I regretted going out with them. I was like a hurdle in their path for romance. I felt very embarrassed and cheap to come along with them only to spoil the fun for them. I don't remember how I spent the time. The 20 minutes were like 20 hours.
We had pani puris and I rushed back home promising myself never to come like this again.

Single life - A Boon?

1) I need not bother about what I wear.

2)My wallet always grows. I don't spend money on cell phone recharge cards, greeting cards, gifts, flowers etc. 


3) I need not remember important dates like the day of proposal, his birthday, the day of first.....

4) I live my life by my own rules. Nobody dominates me. Some of my friends have bossy bfs.

5) I have a pleasant night's sleep. There are some who wake up all night, shaking away their sleep to call their lovers, using the night balance.

I still can't resolve my dilemma. Is it a bliss or a curse?

Remember the scene from 'jannat' where the girl stares into the window display of a ring. Emran walks into the showroom and breaks the window to get the ring for her. 
Well, I stare at so many windows of so many showrooms at pretty much everything gloomily with a long face,unable to buy sometimes because I'm broke most of the times. I always wait for my Emran to come. Alas, there is no one to steal for me!

4 comments:

  1. you see, if you are committed, you'd find that your single friends are having more fun, and when you're single, it's always the other way round. Bottomline- "THE GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE"

    ReplyDelete
  2. May be ur He is also juz waiting for you!! u just need perfect time to be together!! :)

    ReplyDelete