Tuesday 4 June 2013

How I was killed!!

I woke up suddenly. Pressed a button in my cell phone and saw that it was 3am. I found my mom sleeping peacefully by my side. I touched my forehead and it was all sweaty. "Just a dream!" I reminded myself.

It was the sixth time I had the same dream!

"What the hell is wrong with me??"

The next day I was packing my bag for college and all of a sudden, I felt as if someone pushed me in the similar manner towards my bag. I turned back. There was none.

"I kept the bottle of water on the table", my mom told me.

The whole day at college was kind of dreamy. I wasn't paying attention in any of my classes and hardly listening to what someone was telling me.

"So what are you actually dreaming?", asked my friend during the recess.

"I don't know. I don't remember it quite well. Its as if I am standing by the bank of a river. And someone comes and pushes me into the water. I fall into the water and keep asking for help. There is no one by the side of the river. The person who pushed me stood there for sometime and went away when I drowned."

"You definitely need some good sleep. Is anything bothering you?"

I moved my head sideways gesturing her that there was nothing worrying me. I was silent for the rest of the day.

It was evening and I was returning back home. I was waiting for a rickshaw when someone called me.
I looked back and saw an old friend. He was my classmate at school.

"Hey! long time! How are you?", he said.

"I'm good. What about you?", I said smiling.
Its great to meet old friends.

"I'm doing good. I got through medical this year."

"That's really great. Congrats! You must have worked really hard."

"Yeah kinda", he blushed while saying it. "I have loads to tell you. Lets go for a coffee unless you are busy"

"I am free. Lets go. I know a really nice coffee parlour. Not very far", I told.

We headed towards the coffee shop. Got a nice seat by the window at the cafe. We chatted for a long time about all our school memories. I felt very calm after meeting him. I got something to think about other than my horrifying dream.

While we were returning, suddenly he asked me "hey, you remember how foolishly I proposed you when we were in our 10th grade?"

"Yeah!!", I laughed.

"You really thought it was foolish?"

"I don't know. We were quite young and I wasn't ready for any kind of relation"

"And now?"

"What now??", I startled.

"Do you still think me to be foolish?", he asked me putting a cigarette in his mouth.

"You smoke??"

"Very rare! Answer me na.."

"You are going to be a doctor. You shouldn't smoke. haha!! By the way, on a serious note its nothing like that. You were never foolish"

"Then can we be in a relation now?"

"NO!!", I stressed on it hard and then smiled.

"But you know, I worked so hard for you. When we were in our 11th grade, I remember you telling your friends that you wanted to date a doctor. Its for you that I studied so hard for the medicals"

"Seriously?? I don't remember! But if it is, I think I really played a good role", I said to him smiling. "You get to be a doctor. People will respect you in future. But I don't think about us together. I hope you understand. But hey, we are friends and we will always be! And you better thank me because I inspired you to be a doctor", I patted on his shoulder and said to him cheerfully.

The color of his face changed. He threw the half cigarette from his mouth and crushed it on the road.

"Okay I get it! This is what I get at the end of all these hard work. I think I should really thank you for inspiring me", he said.

"What are you telling?", I told him sensing something wrong.

We were walking in the foot path of a busy road and we stopped walking. The cars and buses were speeding on the road. There was a breeze blowing and the horns of the vehicles were making me deaf. He held my hand and suddenly pushed me on the road. I fell down and I felt as if he pushed me into the river of my dream!

The truck crushed me. I could hardly move for sometime. I saw him for the last time and I closed my eyes! Shut them forever!!!

2 comments:

  1. woaaaa........ nice one.. a great way to pen down the concept of dejavu..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you :) .. so glad u liked it!

    ReplyDelete