Sunday 14 October 2012

ROFL MOMENTS !


Incident 1:

Dates back to those days when my dad was posted at Assam in the late 1990s. We stayed at a town called Golaghat. There was a peculiar thing about the roads in Golaghat. There was a huge difference between the height of the road and the footpath. My mom used to take me and my sister to school and would come to fetch us too. We always took a rickshaw and I used to sit on my mom’s lap.

It was drizzling that day! We were going for school! Since I sat on my mom’s lap, the pressure was more on that side, and my sister was 7 or 8 at that time! Pretty young and light! :P

A car (or perhaps some other vehicle) came across the road. One of the wheels of the rickshaw went to the footpath and the other on the road! Enough for the rickshaw to fall off!!!  We went back home!

Another time, the same thing happened while returning from school! 
Amazing experience!!! :D




Incident 2:

During our stay at Golaghat, we had a close relationship with many of my dad’s office friends’ families! One such was Adak uncle! We had the same maid at our homes. No telephone stuff in those days! One day, aunty made cake at her home so she asked the maid to tell my mom about it so that she comes in the evening. We used to have a lovely time because aunty’s son, ayan da was a close friend of me and my sister!

We went at evening. Aunty brought the cake! My instantaneous reaction was “I don’t eat these kinds of cakes. My dad brings better cakes with cream on them”.

Aunty shocked and everyone laughed out loud! :D




Incident 3:

This incident occurred in 2000 or 2001 when we stayed in Kharagpur! We used to stay inside the IIT campus. The homes were huge with big verandas. I used to learn cycling in those days with those small wheels on both the sides!

One fine evening, I had thought “today I WILL learn it completely without the balancing wheels”. I was trying to cycle round and round the veranda! Suddenly I forgot where the brakes are in the cycle. I tried to stop it but the cycle wouldn't. It slipped across the inclined surface near the entrance of the veranda and my cycle hit the guava tree just outside our home! Felt as if my head would come out of my body. I saw stars during the daylight time!! My immediate reaction was I can’t see a thing. I hope there are no snakes here (IIT KGP is a home of snakes too besides the geniuses).

That was the last time, I tried to cycle!

Incident 4:

This isn't a funny story actually! I was in class 9 at that time. Stayed in Kolkata itself! My biology teacher was a strict lady! And I hated the subject like hell! Not doing the homework was equivalent to committing a murder. One day I forgot to do my homework. We were supposed to submit our copies and the task was huge!  My dumb head told me “go to the infirmary and take a shelter” :P

Without a second thought, I hurried towards the infirmary. I told the nurse that I was feeling sick so that she would me allow me to stay there for some time. I don’t know why even the nurse didn't ask any more questions like “why what happened” etc etc. I stayed there for the whole period. The bell rang after 40 mins and I was smart enough not to leave the infirmary so soon because the teacher might teach 5 mins longer. After some time, while returning, one of the masis of our school spoke to me. As expected, I started a good chat with her! 

After 2-3 mins, my bio teacher stood in front of me with the copies of my class mates. “You weren't present in the class. Where were you?”
“Actually I wasn't feeling well so I went to the infirmary”.
You should have taken my permission. Never mind! Submit your copy”.
I haven’t done it ma’am. Can I submit it the next day?”
“There you are! This is the reason why you left the class!!”

I was ashamed! Nothing much happened.  I told her sorry. Just had to do my homework twice. :D

16+16=32 questions and answers!!! :P 
Now, I understand how silly I was to behave that way!

Incident 5 (for Bengali readers):

This incident happened some months back when I was in my first year.. My college’s xerox shop charges a rupee per page.. I had to photocopy round about 100 pages..so me n my friend thought of doing it at some shop at Thakurpukur..Both of us went to a shop... My friend had to photocopy lesser pages..21 perhaps as far as I remember.We gave the shopkeeper the study-material and started talking about different things!

Minutes later when the shopkeeper was stapling the pages, I took my purse out..

ME: koto holo??
WOMAN: atanobboi.
ME(whispering to my frnd): koto bollo?? (disbelieving coz im poor at understanding numbers in bengali)
My friend was shocked!

FRIEND: NINETY EIGHT!!!

It was then the woman told us that each page costs a rupee!! We turned back to look at the name of the shop. XEROX KHOLA was all written on a board beside the door.. I was blank! It was foolish on our part for not asking the price before handing over the notes! But never in my dreams did I think she would charge the same one rupee per page! Mehengaai ka zamaana hai bhai! My friend had to pay 21 rupees & I was taking out money from my purse in utter disappointment and thinking about the xerox shop at Manton supermarket which charges 50p per page.. later it came down to taking out the last coins from my purse! My friend dint speak anything regarding that at that time..she just asked if I needed any money and gave me a weird smile!

INCIDENT CLOSED!

Weeks later suddenly at a class one of my friends was saying “dhurr college theke xerox korabona..bohut taka lage”. Within a second, my friend replied “jabi ekta dokan e??..thakurpukur  e ache..ami r enakshi gechilam ekbar..darun dokan! XEROX KHOLA dokan tar naam”.. The guy dint reply anything but both of us had a good laugh over it!
That friend was Arpita Das!

No comments:

Post a Comment