Friday 23 August 2013

The mysterious woman

Based on a true incident


Month of June                                                           

I was spending my semester break at that time. Just some days after my fourth semester exams ended. My grandmother was at our home. I went to this shop at my locality  for recharging the sms power pack.

I was reading the text message which was delivered to my cell phone just after recharging. "Hi! STV Recharge Successful....."

"Can you tell me this address?", asked a woman.
She was a middle aged woman and wore a blue sari with black patterns. She was carrying a red bag & looked pale. I saw the address but couldn't recognize it. I have been staying here for the last nine years but never before I heard the name of such a street.

"Sorry. I don't know the place exactly", I told her.

"That's fine.", she said & smiled.

There was something about her smile! She had a wicked smile.
I didn't wait for long. I hardly walked two steps towards my home & looked back but suddenly she was no longer standing there. I saw the adjacent road and the shops nearby. She wasn't there in any of them. I walked little further to find her out but I couldn't see her anymore. Within five seconds she was gone. As if vanished!


3 days back

I was at my home for the whole day. It rained heavily throughout the day and night. I missed my college that day. I had to complete my Analog Communications lab file but there were no graph papers at my home. I waited for the rain to stop for some time. When I found that the drizzle was light, I hurried to the shop.

I took the graph papers, paid the money and waited for the old man to return me the change.

I was looking at the packets of Kurkure and Lays chips in the other shop and I saw that woman beside the shop. The same bag on her hand and smiling. That weird smile. My heart was beating faster. I pressed the buttons of my cell phone for a change.

I don't know what was about her smile. Very very unusual! I took the money and without a second glance came back to my home.

I don't know who is she! Never before did I see her in my locality. Its not something to remember but definitely there was something about her smile which frightens me. I told it to a friend about her. But definitely it didn't mean anything to my friend because its just an incident I was telling him. Its nothing scary but an eerie feeling about the smile. I don't want to see her again!


No comments:

Post a Comment