Sunday 28 September 2014

Blindfold

Expectations in our life is so dynamic! We always want better things and want to live off better than what we are today. Sometimes I feel that it is natural. Expecting more is just another human nature but then down the line, if we think about how our lives have drastically changed due to our wanting of more, expectations surely don't give a good image of our life.

I am blindfolded by the expectations of my life. I need this because others have this, I should do this because every one else of my age is doing this . I go on for days like that. I try to prepare myself for a life similar to what others are leading, what others are doing and at some point, my parents want me to do it just because others are doing it. Then again, its absolutely right to stand up to your parents' expectations. GATE, CAT etc seem to be a common word for all final and pre-final year Engineering students. I have however prepared for none. Just because I never wanted to study further, but now when I see my friends preparing for the same, I feel why didn't I prepare for those. My friend is telling me to appear for GATE for once and just try it out. But my answer is, I haven't prepared for it, so why should I go for it. The exam doesn't seem a fine place to test my luck, I guess. Then I say to myself that even if I go for GATE, what would I do after that! What if I don't get this particular job? I doubt whether I should even worry about such things.

Trying out things just because my friends are trying doesn't seem quite right! There are many other stuff which I feel I should do, however I have no special liking for it or even if I like the fact, I don't know why should I have it. My family is quite simple and decent. We are not quite extravagant and I managed to live well off all this years. However, now I feel that when I earn, I should have this stuff, visit some of the places I have seen in TV! What if I don't actually have them? What if I live the life just what I'm living now? I am blindfolded and I fail to understand why I should do it actually. Today when I see simple people living a decent life, I am overwhelmed to see them. Simplicity attracts me. I love people who are simple, who are actually happy with whatever they have got. I love people who worry less about stuff. I find these people cool. I wish to be like them. Worry less and live each day enthusiastically, being happy with whatever little I get, aim for higher but never get disappointed even if I don't achieve it, forget things which make me grumpy, to grow fat and be perfectly fine with that, laugh with friends like never before.....

No comments:

Post a Comment